All too often new products come to market and fail because they are misconceived at the outset, not based on genuine market need. This is such a waste of resource and demonstrates inadequate customer understanding.
By contrast do you want to:
- Establish both your clients ill met and unmet needs?
- Design exciting and successful new products ahead of the competition?
- Know the direction in which your market is moving over the next 3 to 5 years?
- Stimulate your team to constantly think product improvement and innovation?
- Demonstrate you are a pioneer and innovator in your field?
We achieve this using focus groups. We identify 5-6 imaginative decision makers and buyers from across your sector and recruit them to come to a number of two-hour groups in a central location. The process is as follows:
- Participants from non-competing sectors are identified and recruited to participate in market research.
- A discussion guide is prepared in advance in conjunction with you and your team.
- The groups are held in specialist studios, equipped with a one-way mirror, quality recording, hostessing and catering. Such studios provide viewing from a private room and it is recommended as many as possible from your team attend. It is a thought provoking and creative time for all those present.
- If possible you prepare high level concepts to be put forward during the groups.
- Participants are given an incentive for attending.
I have done many such groups across Europe, North America and the Far East and I know their potential. I moderate the groups myself and on completion I draft a summary report and present it to you and your team.